The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) has published the "Proposed Amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Foods".
The amendment seeks to:
- Revise the definition, the standard and specification of certain foods.
- Revise the "Ingredients Approved for Use in Food" list by newly adding 105 ingredients including "Lilium hansonii".
- Revise and establish the maximum residual limits of pesticides for agricultural products [114 pesticides including Glyphosate].
- Revise the maximum residual limit of veterinary drugs for fish [Febantel/Fenbendazole/Oxfendazole].
- Revise and establish the general test methods.
- Revise several terms for clarification and harmonization.
For further information (in English), click on the Link
Check the full text of the documents (in Korean), click on the Link