The National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA in Portuguese) published Public Consultation 1.197, which proposes changes to the Collegiate Council Resolution (RDC) N° 481/2021. The rule deals with sanitary requirements for vegetable oils and fats.
The proposed changes are the result of identifying the need for improvements to the standard, observed during the process of implementing the standard, and refer to the need to:
- Correct the inconsistency identified between the definition of virgin oils and the definition of virgin olive oils;
- Improve the definition of compound oils and fats;
- Clarify the classification and designation of blends of vegetable oils and fats;
- Correcting inconsistencies in the naming of hydrogenated vegetable oils and fats; and
- Standardize the terminology used to refer to the "trade name".
The deadline for contributions is now open and will run until September 13.
For further information (in Portuguese), click on the Link