The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) published a regulation on the “Partial Amendment of Health Functional Food Code (No. 2022-69)”.
The document mainly focuses on the below details as follows:
- To expand the use of raw materials in the manufacture of proteins;
- Addition of the functional ingredient Ginseng for health benefits;
- Removal of aloe leaf from the list of functional raw materials due to food safety concerns;
- Addition of the specification standard for the saw palmetto fruit extract to combat food fraud with other low-cost edible oils;
- The test methods are amended to provide effective and accurate analytical results.
For further information (in English), click on the Link
"Story Supplied courtesy of Selerant".