The Federal Register Legislation of Australia published a regulation on the “Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code-Standard 1.2.1- Requirements to have labels or otherwise provide information” under section 92 of the Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act 1991.
The document outlines the following key points:
- The Standard indicates food for sale must bear a label or provide clear information;
- Provision of Labeling and information requirements for food that is for retail sale;
- Labeling and information requirements for all other sales of food;
- General prohibitions relating to labels;
- Legibility requirements for warning statements.
This regulation is effective from August 12th, 2022
For further information (in English), click on the Link
"Story Supplied courtesy of Selerant".