Standards and specifications for Health Functional Foods
Aug 30, 2022
The Ministry Food and Drug Safety (MFDS In English) published proposed draft amendments to the "Standards and specifications for Health Functional Foods, The proposed amendment is to:
- Revise warning notice for intake in 'Plants containing chlorophyll', 'Spirulina', 'Propolis extracts', 'Edible oil containing gamma-linolenic acid', 'Psyllium husk dietary fiber', 'polydextrose', and 'Red yeast rice'.
- Revise daily intake amount of 'Spirulina', 'Propolis extracts' and 'Psyllium husk dietary
- Revise specification of lead in 'Spirulina' and 'Propolis extracts'
- Delete health claim in 'Spirulina'.
- Add health claim in 'Garlic'.
- Add 'Coleus forskohlii extract' to the functional ingredients list.
For further information (in English), click on the Link
Check the full text of the documents (in Korean), click on the Link