The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine published The draft Law of Ukraine "On Grapes and Viticulture Products. The draft Law provides for:
- To bring the terms and definitions, classification of grape varieties and requirements for
- The production of viticulture and winemaking products, flavoured wine products, as well as some oenological practices and restrictions in line with requirements adopted in the EU countries.
- To introduce requirements for the production and circulation of wines, viticulture and winemaking products, flavoured wine products with geographical indications similar to the current rules in the EU.
- To define the mechanism of protection of geographical indications in Ukraine.
- To introduce new terms and definitions in accordance with the categories of European legislation
- To establish a unified state information system "viticulture and winemaking register".
For further information (in Ukrainian), click on the Link
Check the full text of the documents (in Ukrainian), click on the Link