The United Kingdom’s Secretary of States published a regulation on the “The Food Supplements and Food for Specific Groups (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2023” per section 48(4A) of the Food Safety Act 1990.
The following key points are highlighted in this document:
- The Schedule IV of the Processed Cereal-based Foods and Baby Foods for Infants and Young Children (England) Regulations 2003 for the nutritional substances for Vitamins and Salts of minerals and trace elements is amended;
- Amendment to the Regulation (EU) No 609/2013 on food intended for infants and young children, food for special medical purposes, and total diet replacement for weight control for Vitamins;
- Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2016/127 of 25 September 2015 pertains to infant formula and follow-on formula has been amended for the definition “residues”;
- Article 3 of Regulation (EU) 2016/128 has been amended to satisfy the nutritional requirements of the infant and young children;
- Schedules 1 and 2 of Vitamin and mineral substances which may be used in the manufacture of food supplements have been amended for the Nutrition (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019.
For further information (in English), click on the Link
"Story Supplied courtesy of Selerant".