On November 16, 2023 the European Commission has published a revised version of the Novel Food Catalogue. This new version updates the list of novel foods and their status with regard to the legislation, as well as brings new features:
- By default, the full list of Novel Foods is displayed on the left.
- The user can filter the list by entering the name of a Novel Food in the search field or by typing the beginning of the Novel Food name. The dropdown list is filtering as you type.
- The user can filter the Novel Food list by clicking one letter of the alphabet, the list then will be filtered out with all the Novel Foods having a name starting with the selected letter.
- By clicking the name of a Novel Food from the list, the system will display the details linked to the selected Novel Food
- An explanation about the different status of the Novel Food can be found by clicking the "What does it mean?" link.
The Novel Food Catalogue contains all decision from European authorities on the novel food status of food ingredients. Even if the catalogue is not exhaustive and binding, Member States generally follow the indications of this document.