The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) proposed amendments to the Regulation on Inspection of Imported Food. Stakeholders can send suggestions to MFDS before May 1, 2023.
The main proposed amendment seeks to:
- Improve the inspection procedures, etc., for the agricultural products that are
- imported in bulk shipments.
- Establish the application process for the expedited approval of the notification on the raw materials that are used for self -manufacturing purposes (food additive flavoring, raw materials for refining/processing).
- Stipulate the processing procedure for cases where re-declaration for importation is notified after voluntary withdrawal (or return by the MFDS) for random sampling test;
- Revise the name and adjust the items for the agricultural products that may be used for purposes other than as food products;
- Adjust the number of pesticides that are test items for the laboratory inspections
- conducted on the newly imported agricultural products by reflecting the non-compliance records, etc.;
- Adjust the list of food products, etc., that the Minister of Food and Drug Safety recognizes as safe by reflecting the non- compliance records.
For further information (in Korean), click on the Link
Check the full text of the documents (in Korean), click on the Link