Commission Regulation (EU) 2022/1616 of 15 September 2022 on recycled plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foods, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 282/2008
1. This Regulation is a specific measure within the meaning of Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004.
2. This Regulation lays down rules for:
- the placing on the market of plastic materials and articles falling within the scope of Article 1(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004, containing plastic originating from waste or manufactured therefrom;
- the development and operation of recycling technologies, processes and installations, to produce recycled plastic for use in those plastic materials and articles;
- the use in contact with food of recycled plastic materials and articles and of plastic materials and articles which are intended to be recycled.
3. This Regulation shall not apply to the use of waste to manufacture substances included in the Union list of authorised substances in accordance with Article 5 of Regulation (EU) No 10/2011, and to manufacture substances subject to Article 6(1), (2), and (3)(a) thereof, when intended for subsequent use in accordance with that Regulation.
For further information (in English), click on the Link