The board of Food Standards Australia and New Zealand published the “Food Standards (Application A1218 – β-Galactosidase from Bacillus subtilis (Enzyme)) Variation”.
The document highlights the following key points:
- The Schedule varies a Standard in the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code;
- Schedule 18 is changed by inserting into the table to subsection S18—9(3) in alphabetical order;
- β-Galactosidase (EC 220.127.116.11) is sourced from Bacillus subtilis containing the β-galactosidase gene from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus;
- The additive application is for production use of lactose-reduced in dairy foods;
- The allowed limit for the use of the food additive in the given food application is set as GMP.
For further information (in English), click on the Link
"Story Supplied courtesy of Selerant".